2017 Session Overviews
Amoena Advanced Fit Course
Susan Murray, National Education Manager, Amoena USA Corporation
Amoena will help retailers gain knowledge about products and services that support women in their recovery from breast surgery. Learn how the correct fit of carefully designed breast forms and bras can benefit women, whether immediately after surgery or after years of survivorship.
Igniting Bold Leadership: Inspiring Purpose and Driving Performance
Libby Gill, Executive Coach and Brand Strategist
With an emphasis on linking beliefs to behaviors, Libby connects the dots between personal accountability and organizational success in this presentation. As the former head of communications and public relations for Universal, Sony and Turner Broadcasting, Libby shares powerful strategies and hard-won Hollywood secrets to help established and emerging leaders inspire purpose and ignite performance in themselves and their teams. Libby's signature style will get you thinking, talking and most importantly, taking action on new ideas immediately. Key takeaways include how to:
- Identify the one trait that transforms good leaders into great leaders.
- Infuse your workforce - at all levels - with vision and vitality by discovering the most essential and overlooked element of powerful leadership.
- Inspire change by leveraging strengths rather than dwelling on weaknesses.
- Discover the benefits of Libby's proven CSE Process to "Clarify the vision, Simplify the path, and Execute the plan" with bold strategy and flawless follow-through.
- Overcome the Immediate Negative Response, the knee-jerk response to change that causes us to stay stuck in mediocrity, excuse-making, fear, or procrastination.
- Master the Language of Leadership to influence and inspire others.
- Take the Accountability Challenge and leave the event with a call-to- action that provides participants with a structure for continued growth and connection.
Advancements in Breast Cancer Treatment & Patient Expectations
Lillie Shockney, Administrative Director of the Johns Hopkins Breast Center, Professor of Surgery and Oncology at JHU School of Medicine, and Founder and Program Director of AONN
Lillie will update you on the treatments and growing trends being seen in the breast cancer field, as well as today's expectations of breast cancer patients. She'll also explain how retailers can prepare for changes in the expectations of breast cancer patients and the multidiscipline oncology team taking care of them.
Retailer Panel Discussion: Innovative Ways to Attract and Retain Customers
With evolving technology, it can be easier to attract and retain customers, but the challenge is knowing where to start; especially for small business owners starved of time and resources. Retailers on this panel will share how focusing on a few key elements can help you establish the ideal digital footprint for your business without investing a lot of time and money, as well as how smart phone technology can keep customers coming back.
Billing Non-Assigned, Selling at Retail, and Other Hot Button Issues
Jeffrey S. Baird, Esq., Attorney, Brown & Fortunato PC
With 78 million Baby Boomers retiring at the rate of 10,000 per day, the demand for women’s specialty products is increasing exponentially. Counterbalanced against this increasing demand is the fact that Medicare and other third party payors are reducing reimbursement. This is the proverbial “irresistible force meeting the immovable object.” In order to meet this challenge, the specialty supplier must move out of their comfort zone. This program will discuss ways you can accomplish this. Specific issues to be addressed include:
- What is the difference between a “participating” and a “non-participating” supplier and can you switch?
- What is Medicare’s anti-discrimination rule and how to avoid violating it?
- What does it mean to bill Medicare on a non-assigned basis?
- When is it appropriate to use an ABN?
- When selling Medicare-covered items for cash, can you charge the patient less than the Medicare allowable?
Additionally, this program will discuss other "hot button" issues, including how to aggressively move into the retail space while avoiding legal pitfalls; how to innovatively – but legally – market your products and services; and how to properly enter into arrangements with physicians and other referral sources.
Own Your Runway
Jane Jenkins Herlon, CSP
Doing this entertaining, engaging and enlightening presentation, author, humorist and beauty pageant "survivor,” Jane Jenkins Herlong cultivates mindsets for overcoming life’s obstacles and owning your brand. Powerful successful women, whether they are beauty queens or distribution goddesses, don’t let others dictate their worth, they own their runway.
Current State of Lymphedema Therapy
Guenter Klose, CDT Certified Instructor, CLT-LANA
Lymphedema is a chronic and progressive disease. Therapeutic approaches for lymphedema arenumerous and can be confusing to patients and health care providers. This lecture will describe the pathophysiology of lymphedema and the current state of lymphedema therapy in the U.S.
Selling the Invisible: Four Keys to Marketing Your Retail Services
Christine K. Clifford, CSP, CEO/President of Christine Clifford Enterprises
Struggling to market your services? During this informative and inspirational workshop, Christine, a true leader in marketing services, will give you more ideas in just one morning, than you would get in a full year. Guaranteed! You'll discover:
- Why you must charge a premium for your services and overcome fear – even in a market where customers seem increasingly price sensitive.
- Why positioning yourself as a brand – even though you're an individual – brings you more business.
- What your packaging (how your retail space is organized) says – or doesn’t say – about you and your service to prospective customers.
- Strategies to establish, keep, nurture, expand and grow your client base even in tough markets by creating extraordinary relationships that are memorable and life-lasting.
If you've got the ideas and the expertise, you'll leave ready to take action!
Business Breakout Lunch Session
Attendees will be grouped together based on their business type. Together, they will discuss common business challenges, including selling cash items, customer retention, insurance billing/audits and marketing. The goal is for them to share ways to overcome them based on successes and brainstorm new ideas.
Juzo Academy: Manual Lymph Drainage Demonstration plus Q&A with Lymphedema and Compression Therapy Experts
Caroline Pinney and Guenter Klose
Through a live demonstration of Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD), attendees will learn the core principals and effectiveness of MLD in the treatment of lymphedema. The presenters also will conduct an interactive Q&A session to answer questions about all aspects of lymphedema including physiology, pathophysiology and treatment. In addition, attendees will learn more about the latest JUZO product innovations.